La pappa col pomodoro - bread and tomato soup
This is a good recipe to no waste food. You can use stale bread and make a typical Tuscan Soup. Remember, you need only Tuscan bread, without salt. The other kind of breads are not good for this recipe.
- Stale tuscan bread (absolutely without salt)
- Tomato puree 400g
- Half onion
- A rib of celery
- Chili pepper to taste
- Stock cube for broth
- Olive oil
- Some cloves of garlic
- In a pot make the broth with stock cube (about half a liter, depending on how much stale bread you use) and keep warm.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and heat.
- Add the garlic cloves, minced onion and chopped celery.
- Add chili pepper to taste.
- Fry gently and add the chopped tomatoes.
- After a few minutes add the broth.
- Cook about 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper, then add the chopped stale bread.
- Stir often and cook another 10 minutes until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- This is a good single course, but in little quantity you can serve it as appetizer.
Italian Cook - Italian recipes, pasta, pizza, lasagne only the original italiancook.it http://www.italiancook.it/